Alton Society Weighs in on Coors Brewery Site Proposals
Alton Eastbrooke & Wooteys Residents' Association
The Alton Society have issued the following to their members, shared here for suggestions of questions that need to be answered.
This is the most important planning application to hit Alton for some time. We are appalled at the way CALA are backtracking on their commitments to the Town and ignoring the Town's wishes, notably the contribution towards community facilities. Some suggested questions.
1. Do you want another retirement care facility?
2. Should we have more housing for single persons and young couples than is on offer?
3. What about Climate Change - are Cala doing enough?
4. Should the area parallel to the river be wider?
5. Should we have a multi use public space at the entrance to the new development?
6. Where is Cala's contribution to a new community facility?
To see the application in detail go to:
Alton Town Council Posting on Facebook:
"There will be an Extraordinary Meeting of the Town Council on Wednesday 2nd October at the Assembly Rooms to consider the Council's response to the proposed redevelopment of the former Molson Coors Brewery Site, submitted by CALA Homes. All welcome. Meeting starts at 7pm, networking cafe to talk to councillors in advance of the meeting from 6.30pm."
Find Alton Eastbrooke & Wooteys Residents' Association
11 Geales Crescent, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2ND